Tuesday, August 8, 2017

little miracles

Hi Family!

This week was amazing as usual! We had a mission tour with Elder Aidukaitis, who will become the president of the Brazil area on the first of August. It was really great and I learned a lot about what I need to do to be a better missionary. He talked about the importance of goals and trying to reach them. He said something that I'll try and translate into English, "it's better to set a goal to reach the stars and end up on your roof than set a goal to get on your roof and end up just reaching the dumpster." I'm not sure if it makes that much sense in English but he was trying to say that it's better to set high goals and not reach them than set low goals and reach them because only by trying will you start to reach your potential. 


We had another wedding! and the speaker wasn't working so yours truly played the music when the bride walked in, so it was just me and my inspiration. Afterwards the Branch President told me he loved it. LOLZ So that was on Friday and she was baptized on Saturday in really COLD WATER. People the water was so cold that I could hardly put my hand in it, but Cintia was a trooper and GOT BAPTIZED and it was so wonderful. Her family came from Novo Hamburgo and Caxias which was really cool and really special. Her husband should be getting baptized in a few weeks! 



On Sunday I saw a lot of little miracles. Napoleon passed the sacrament for the first time and another recent convert went to church with a white shirt and tie and another for the first time using a skirt. It was so special to see them sitting there all dressed in their Sunday best ready to worship God. It's miraculous to see the changes that God makes in our lives. 

This week we're going to be giving a lot of training and we're gonna go to the TEMPLE!!!  which will be amazing! 

Read your scriptures
Say your prayers
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM

love
Sister Jolley