Friday, July 29, 2016

That's a Wrap!

Hey Fam!!!!

So I finished my first transfer yesterday, yikes time flies!! 
This week was really good! and the best part was we went to Porto Alegre for some training and got to see my district from the CTM!


                                             Sister Jolley with her CTM companion Sister Corey



Fun Fact: in Brazil you don't eat lunch you literally lunch--the word for lunch is a verb. 
Almoço is real big here. 
Also people don't even know the word for breakfast alot because breakfast doesn't really matter here, 
tears cuz that's my favorite meal of the day.

And this email is gonna be real short cuz one I forgot my planner and 2 its a holiday here so the internet cafes are closed so were emailing real quick at the church just to let y'all know I'm still alive here on the other side of the world.

I love being a missionary and in just one transfer I've learned and changed so much, yesterday in sacrament meeting I was asked to bear my testimony about the gift of tongues and really 1 that was a tad scary cuz lotsa people and also Portuguese in front of lostsa people but I think it went over well.

But the point is that it is only through the enabling power of the Atonement that I have this ability to speak and understand Portuguese. My faith and trust in the Savior and His Atonement has grown leaps and bounds. 

I love you guys! Have a great week,
Sister Jolley


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

We found this park in Santa Cruz after we missed the bus