Tuesday, August 8, 2017

transfers

THIS WEEK WAS PRETTY COOL! We spent half the week in POA and the other half here in good ol' Campo Bom. Sister Hannah and I went to the temple with the other missionaries that are headed home on Tuesday with President and Sister Campos. While we were in the waiting room one of the helper ladies asked my comp where we were serving and she said "Campo Bom" and jokingly added that the field is white here and then the helper lady said "are you guys having a frost in Campo Bom?" and I mean it's kinda funny and I gave a little chuckle but Sister Campos LOST IT laughing until she sat down. She laughed so hard, she just cried and watching her laughing was so funny that we both ended up laughing and laughing and laughing and all the helper ladies were trying to shush us but it was a lost cause. And then during the session I ended up with a really bad case of hiccups that just got louder and louder and everyone was stifling their laughter and once again I felt grateful for all the times in Sacrament meeting I learned how to not laugh! Probably one of the most memorable temple sessions EVER. LOLZ.

So Sister Hannah's family came to pick her up which was really cool! It's funny how crazy everyone gets about Americans and American candy! My new comp is SISTER PEDROSA from SERGIPE! She's on her last transfer so I'll be sending another one home! 


This week I had the opportunity to teach a really special lesson to Napoleon's sister and her husband. We've been working with them for a bit and they have a baptismal date marked but they were getting ready to sorta give up and wanted us to come back when their life was easier. HAHA people life isn't gonna get easier. As I sat in the lesson searching for the right things to say I learned a lot about faith and the commandments. This couple, they know the church is true. They've received an answer, actually a few answers, that they need to get baptized but they don't have the faith to do it. They can't see the blessings that they will have if the keep the commandments and don't have enough faith to try. During the lesson I felt a little bit like how I imagine parents feel. They can see things that their kids can't see, and they understand things that their kids don't understand, but lotsa times the kids don't do what their parents counsel them to do. It was a frustrating experience but something finally went right because THEY WENT TO CHURCH YESTERDAY and LOVED IT, AGAIN. Hopefully you'll be getting their wedding pictures in a month! 

line of the week
Recent convert who is 79 - "If you don't love our church, you don't love Jesus"
It was killer one in our Gospel Principles class! She was trying to convince an investigator to get baptized. LOLZ

Have a great week

love,
Sister Jolley