Wednesday, July 27, 2016

It Fell From the Sky

Hey Y'alllllll!!!! 

This week 3 things fell from the sky- rain, hail, AND A BAPTISM. STRAIGHT UP MIRACLE OF THE TRANSFER Y'ALL. SO THIS WEEK WAS FANFLIPPENTASTIC BECAUSE GUESS WHAT I HAD MY VERY FIRST BAPTISM!! BLESS UP Y'ALL.


Baptism in sign language

His name is Dorivaldo and he's this little old guy that we tracted into- we taught him the first time at this gate and we didn't think we would ever return cuz he didn't seem to have any sort of potential. But, turns out he did- he went to church that week and homeboy quit his cigarettes and wowe conversion really is a miracle- also funny story about the his baptism--so he was baptized by a guy that just was baptized about a month ago so he wasn't really sure what was going on, and Dorivaldo was a little lost, and lo and behold this little old grandpa had to be dunked 3 TIMES GUYS. Oh it was so hilarious. There I was trying to feel the spirit at my very first baptism but really it was a struggle enough to keep a straight face, not gonna lie my comp lost it. OH MAN IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER. My comp and I also sang a special musical number but she lost her voice this week so the special musical number was a little extra special. Everyone there teared up though so at least we had that going for us.

As for the other things that fell from the sky- hail y'all and it rained so much we were pretty much swimming in the streets- but it doesn't matter cuz Dorivaldo went swimming in the waters of baptism. 


My district

Also I had a bit of an encounter with the word of wisdom this week. So we ate lunch at a restaurant one day this week and all four of us sisters were pumped. There was tons of food and man it was the best. But then came dessert, and I went and got mine and they had the tiniest little dishes there, like the size of your palm, but I wasn't gonna let that stop me so I got like 7 different types of desserts in this little dish and went back to my seat and started eating and it all tasted sorta funny but not gonna lie a lot of the time things here taste a little different and I had like 7 different things all mixed together  so I wasnt too worried. But then this went down

Comp -"Sister Jolley that has wine"
Me -"Oh really, how cool" *continues to eat*
Comp -"Sister, no it has wine"
Me - "Yeah, this tastes good" *continues to eat*
Comp  - "ALCOHOL SISTER"
Me - "Alcohol? This is dessert Sister Portilho, not a drink" *continues to eat*
Comp -"No Sister, it's made with alcohol"
LOST IN TRANSLATION EVERYDAY Y'ALL

Well, turns out part of the desert I picked had sauce that is actually sweet wine and it's not like cooked out or anything so yeah- anyway I learned the word for wine. But the best part is for the rest of the day my comp kept asking me if I felt drunk- oh man it was hilarious.

Well that's all I got today- the work continues to move forward here in Venâncio Aires, and I love being a missionary. It's an amazing feeling to testify of Christ everyday and feel His love for others.

Love you guys,
Sister Jolley