Thursday, September 1, 2016

Nap time

Yo fam! 

This week was great! We had a ton a miracles happening here in Venancio! 
So on Wednesday, my comp and I legit walked across the city 2 times in one day (we usually only walk across the city one time, our investigators live really far apart) and when my comp woke up the next morning she couldn't exactly walk which was a bit of a problem. Anyway, it took me about 2 hours to convince her that she had to go to the doctor and when she finally agreed I realized that 1) I hadn't a clue where any doctor's office was and 2) that I don't have the vocabulary to really talk with a doctor cuz all I talk about is the gospel. BUT after a series of miracles we left the doctors office with a diagnosis and a prescription. I'd tell you what she has but it's in Portuguese and I haven't got a clue what it is either. ANYWAY the doctor told her she had to rest and so did President Campos- so she and I spent half the week inside our apartment. And if you think that would be fun, it actually isn't, cuz all missionaries can do is read their scriptures and clean...but I got in a couple solid naps so its all good. 


BUT THE BEST PART IS THAT DESPITE ALL THIS OUR BAPTISM STILL HAPPENED! When you have an investigator ready to be baptized you gotta follow up every day cuz Satan's working really hard in the other direction, but because we were stuck inside it looked like we wouldn't be able to follow up with him this week but we ended up getting some help from the members and things worked out. We found Sebastiao knocking doors about 3 weeks ago. He seemed like the least likely person to be baptized but I've learned that the people who seem least likely to accept are the people who end up in the baptismal font- funny how God works, huh? 

Anyway my 2nd transfer has just about finished- crazy how time flies! I've learned so much and I love every day here, the good days and rough days! 

Have a great week!

love,
Sister Jolley