Friday, August 18, 2017

knockin' doors

Y'ALL AREN'T GONNA BELIEVE IT but this week I visited BENTO ! The hills there haven't missed me and I haven't missed them, that's for sure! It was weird to walk the same streets and see the same people again but it was really nice! It was cool because Sister Pedrosa served in Bento a transfer before I did, so it was sorta like going back home! We went on splits with the sisters there, they are so great! I always learn something new when I got on splits with the sisters! 

We had a special experience this week with a girl we met named Nicole. So just as a back story I stopped knocking doors as a way to find new investigators way back in Bento because it just doesn't really work that well but on Saturday FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS we ended up knocking doors. It was weird. We walked into the neighborhood and I felt like we needed to turn onto a certain street so we did and we started knocking, and like always no one let us in but then I saw a girl about my sister Bethany's age (13)  walking on the street and we made contact and then walked with her to her house where we taught her and her sister. The lesson was so incredibly spiritual! And I know the the only way we could've found her was going to knock doors on that very street. I'm excited to continue teaching her and prepare her and her sister to be baptized!!!

line of the week
Member *bearing testimony about the importance of having a prophet* "What's the name of our prophet again?"
I had to stifle my laughter! 

I've realized that my emails have become full of bad grammar and lame, I'll do better next week

Have a great week

love, 
Sister Jolley