Wednesday, August 30, 2017

the JWs

Alrighty folks THIS WEEK WAS AMAZING AND FULL OF MIRACLES AND I'M SO EXCITED AND CAMPO BOM IS LEGIT THE BEST AREA EVER.

Also I've realized that my emails have gotten worse and worse with time so this week I'll send a longer one to make up for all the other ones lolz.

So on Monday we went to Porto Alegre to have a meeting with President and the assistants to plan the leadership council which I'm really excited about. This one, it was inspired! I'm excited for this Wednesday when we'll be able to give our training!

Sister Pedrosa and I invented a new way to go on splits so we talked to President and we did a test run on Tuesday and Wednesday. Sister Pedrosa stayed in Porto Alegre and I took Sister Aguayo to Campo Bom with me! She is so cute! She was trained by the sister I trained, so it was cool to get to know her. Also on Wednesday it was SOOOOO HOT I got sunburnt. 

On Thursday morning Sister Aguayo and I left home at 6 am and got to Porto Alegre at 8 am where we met up with Sister Pedrosa and Sister Aguayos comp. Then Sister Pedrosa and I took a bus to Santa Cruz where we met up with President Campos to start traveling to Passo Fundo! On the road President passed through my first area- VENANCIO AIRES- and I got out of the car to take a photo. It was really weird to see all the same places and same roads, we passed in front of the apartment where I lived. Can't believe it was a year ago that I was there! Then we continued the trip to Passo Fundo. 

So Passo Fundo is the zone where every missionary wants to be transferred. There there are the best members, the best lunch, the biggest zone, the best area to work, the people are receptive and all the missionaries hear stories about Passo Fundo their whole missions. So logically I wanted to be transferred to Passo Fundo BUT looking at how things are I've realized that some dreams just don't come true. BUT We asked President if we could go with him and sister Campos to Passo Fundo and he let us! We got there on Thursday afternoon and started splits with the sisters there and on Friday as well. Well I learned that not all tall tales are true and that Campo Bom is the best area in the mission! BUT Passo Fundo is pretty cool! Passo Fundo is also the farthest area in the mission so we took a bus at 2am on Saturday and got back to good 'ol Campo Bom at 8:30! And then we worked all of Saturday afternoon and Sunday and it was great to be back home!

On Saturday we went to visit Nicole, I think I wrote you guys about her a few weeks back. Well in these last few weeks it turned out that her dad wasn't gonna let her be baptized until she had 18 years! It was really disappointing news. But we kept going back there with lotsa faith that it would all work out and started teaching her sister and her grandma. Well on Saturday her grandma told us that that morning a missionary from the JWs had visited her. And I just thought ''QUE DROGA" And she kept talking and she said that after he left she thought to herself "you know what, I'm just gonna get baptized in the Mormon church" HAHAHAHAHA I think this may be the first time the JWs missionaries were used by God to help one of his children enter into the TRUE CHURCH. Anyway so now Nicole and her Grandma are gonna get baptized on the 10th!
 
I'm so grateful for the miracles that God lets happen in the lives of His children so that they can receive true happiness!

Have a great week

love

sister Jolley