Tuesday, October 31, 2017

There can be miracles when you believe

People I don't know if I told you guys about Diná, so I"ll tell you guys today. She's 80, she's smoked her whole life and her family  has been  Catholic for generations. Now Diná doesn't smoke, she ran off the JWs and is way pumped to get baptized. "THERE CAN BE MIRACLES WHEN YOU BELIEVE"

So my sister asked me to tell a funny story this week, so we'll see what I've got.

So on Saturday we got a call from a member in our branch telling us that at the stake center there would be an activity where the Church would  be giving awards to some people and some programs that have helped preserve families and she told us that there would be a group of Scouts from Campo Bom and that she wanted us to go there to  make contact with them and hopefully  meet a few families to teach. So we happily called President and he gave us permission. We worked like crazy all day to visit all the people we had to before 7:00. Then we went to Novo Hamburgo and lemme just tell you how I was looking at this point of the day...I was wearing an orange shirt backwards because the front had a stain, a skirt 4 sizes too big (this is a cute skirt that I found in one of the  missionary apartments and instead of making it smaller I just moved the button over so that one side has more fabric than the other) and I was sporting what I fondly call "os sapatos da guerra" because they're on their second mission and are really comfortable but they're also really ugly and discolored, and low key on their last. Also I didn't have a speck of makeup and my hair was slicked back in a nasty bun.

And suddenly all these really well dressed people showed up and then the MAYOR showed up and there I was looking like I had fallen off the turnip truck AND IN THE END NONE OF THE SCOUTS WANTED TO HEAR OUR MESSAGE. 

Also a  bunch of American missionaries arrived in the mission and  the president was giving training for them and they weren't understanding much so he asked me to explain some stuff in English. So I walked to the front, grabbed the mic, opened my mouth and nothing came out. And then I got all red in the face and said "Presidente, não consigo" PEOPLE I'M A LOST CAUSE. I write  and read English but speaking is really rough. I think this is the first time in my life that I told President "no" I think I'll just stay here for another transfer or two or for the rest of forever. JK 

Have a great week

Love
Sister Jolley