Sunday, May 22, 2016

A Fast From English

WAASSSSUPPP FAMMMM


My week here at the MTC has been so great!! Yesterday we had a fast from English and it wasn't as  bad as I thought it would be. Our whole district only spoke Portuguese from 7 am to 9pm. It's crazy to think that 2 weeks ago I didn't know any Portuguese and now I speak it all the time, granted we've only had like 4 grammar lessons so my sentence formation is a little wacko, but we still speak it. My companion and I have a couple investigators (fake ones actually) but we teach the lessons in only Portuguese and we don't even need notes anymore. Miracles y'all! Bless up! 

Sister Jolley with her companion and Brazilian roommates

Also update on the food situation: They serve hot dogs and salami sandwiches for breakfast here and eu quero vomitar cuz thats disgusting. Also, lanche took a turn for the worse cuz its been chashew juice (tastes like dirt) and ham flavored (emphasis on flavored) crackers. Dinner isn't quite as bad so I'm pulling through somehow. 


ALSO LISTEN TO THIS THE ELDER HOLLAND  (from the quorum of the twelve apostles) CAME AND TALKED TO US AND IT WAS LEGIT. His talk was the bom.com and I loved it. He talked about how it's really important to be just as good missionaries at the end of your mission as you are right now. CONTINUE HOW YOU STARTED, AND WHEN YOU DON'T WANT TO WORK, WORK HARDER AND WHEN YOU DON'T WANT TO TRY, TRY HARDER THAN YOU EVER HAVE. (@portuguese) He came in clutch with the pump up speech. He also talked about his life as an apostle as he travels around the world living out of suitcases, etc. He said, and I echo "I would not come halfway around the world if this was not true. This is not some cunningly devised fable, it is truth. It is not a made up story, a fairy tale or a joke we are trying to play on the world. This is the salvation of the human family. This is truth and it is the most important thing you can share." I love being a missionary and I have seen miracle after miracle every single day here as I work and prepare to serve the people of Brazil. 

Tomorrow we proselyte in the streets of Sao Paulo and hand out Book of Mormons and I'M SO PUMPED. 

Fun fact: Last preparation day my companion and I low key got lost in Sao Paulo cuz I've never needed to read an old school map before, and it was a tad scary but we pulled through and I'm here to tell the tale! 

love you,
Sister Jolley


Sao Paolo Temple