Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Chimarrão -- shim-ma-how

HEY FAM!!!!!

This week has been great--way better than last week. Mostly because we are way less lost now- BLESS UP!! My comp and I have found some people that are ready for the gospel, knocking doors has led to something! But they need to get married first so I'm aboutta become a part time wedding planner! We have a ton of new investigators (@ door knocking) and we walk allllllllll day long. No joke. My calves are aboutta be fantab. 


The weather here was way cold last week but today it's warmed up a bit so I'm not exactly sure what's going on...It hasn't rained yet during proselitismo BLESS UP  but I was talking to some branch members and they said it rains all of August so I'll enjoy the dry life while I can. 


Fun facts about Venâncio Aires
1. There are fruit trees everywhere--mostly clementines--and it's the best thing ever 
2. There are these people that ride motorcycles with huge speakers on the back blasting advertisements--I'm not sure what for, but I'll figure it out by the time I leave lolz
3. There are tons of dogs--more than I've ever seen and they wander the streets in huge packs (10-15) but they're all relatively small dogs and their barks are low key the most annoying thing on the planet. 
4. Venâncio Aires is like the capital of chimarrão. Chimarrão is this herbal tea that you drink out of a special cup and special straw and you pass it around in a circle and todo mundo drinks it. It actually tastes like liquefied hay but it's growing on me--probs cuz I drink it at least once a day. When in Rome do as the Romans do, amiright?

Displaying DSC00140.JPG
Other fun facts
1. Somehow I became the cook in the family (we live with another companionship) so I get to work miracles with the food-- usually I just make spaghetti not gonna lie.
2. The floor of our apartment broke (It wasnt me lolz) but my desk is right over it so I spend my study time trying not to die. 

Lost in translation-
One lesson this week both compansionships taught and Sister F Oliveira gave her part and Sister Portilho gave her part and ended right at faith so I talked about repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end...welll poor Sister Nelson was lost and only understood the part I gave and thought we were teaching the Plan of Salvation when we were actually teaching the the Gospel of Jesus Christ and ended the lesson talking about the spirit world. I THOUGHT IT WAS HILARIOUS BUT NO ONE ELSE DID. LOLZ LOLZ WE'RE ALL LOST IN TRANSLATION EVERYDAY. 

And if anyone out there is wondering how the sister missionary fashion is going for me...well my first week here I wore 3 different colors of tan and 4 shades of black all in one outfit. I'm blaming it on the cold. But if you start getting pics of me only waist up y'all will know why lolz

Sister Jolley

A note from Sister Jolley's companion-
ola irma tudo bem? eu me chamo sister portilho com muito prazer estou treinando sua filha, parabens ela é muito boa e dedicada, fala portugues muito bem ja e juntas estamos tendo um grande aprendizado, ela é muito esforçada admiro muito ela.
Sister Portilho