Sunday, May 29, 2016

A Case of the Gripe (rhymes with creepy)

Hey Fam!!!

Time is flying by so fast at the MTC! I hit halfway on Wednesday. Halfway there and livin' on a prayer (name that song) I can't believe I've been in Brazil for almost a month. This is insane. Proselyting went really really well, my companion and I handed out 14 Book of Mormons in 2 hours while being restricted to 2 blocks on some random street in Brazil. All the people we talked to laughed so much at our accents, kinda embarrassing but funny though.

at the Brazil MTC

We got new roommates this week, one of them went to BYU this last semester which is so cool, and the other is going to my mission! I miss my old roomies so much though, they were great. I never realized how many goodbyes a mission would have, haha we'll meet up in the CK (celestial kingdom) I guess. 

My companion got a bad case of the gripe (flu) and we stayed in our room for a whole day, I thought it was fantastic because I just took naps on naps on naps and I wasn't dying. Blessings. Also, tons of people ask me and my comp if we were friends before we came to the MTC and I was trying to tell some instructor that I hated her (jokingly) and she informed me that the whole MTC knows we love each other. HAHAHA. People also always ask us if we started learning Portuguese before we came here and all I think is nah fam I spent all my time trying to not flunk out of college.

Among other things Sister Berry (member of my district) and I gave my comp a haircut on Wednesday, we both had no experience but by some miracle it looks good. We didn't have the foresight to have her change out of her dress and put something on the floor so I'm just glad the haircut wasn't in my room...

Also our investigator (our instructor) bailed out on baptism and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't salty because all of our district teaches her and she didn't bail out on them. SMH. Trials.

On a happy note they stopped serving hot dogs for breakfast and I couldn't be happier. BLESS UP

love y'all,

Sister Jolley
Sister Jolley with her companion and former roommates